Yes, it’s rained but more so I wanted a catchy song title so it was either that or ‘Gone Til November’ and since I don’t know how long I’m gone for ‘November Rain’ it is. So much has been going on this month. I’ve always been the type to stay busy and have tons of plans on the calendar. I tend to feel bored or lonely if I don’t. I’ve mentioned before the days are long here in New York and I really love it. But then come the days where I crash and want nothing to do with anything and need a little life break; only allowing the food delivery guy to disrupt my day by bringing me something fried or cheesy or both in major excess with sides and sides of carbs. One day I will find a balance. (Most likely I will not) The last couple of days have been more of the latter. Tonight however I do plan on cooking a delicious healthy meal and washing it down with wine. Yeah baby. Get in my belly.
Some highlights of November thus far, in no particular order:
- Impromptu happy hour with Eliza & Kimia on the worst day I’ve had in New York to date
- Mario Batali walking tour with Becca & Ela for Becca’s birthday
- Meeting the floor manager at my new favorite neighborhood bar who gave Ela and I exclusive tastings from a special Bordeaux reserve
- Watching all the colors change with fall in full swing
- Cheering on all the NYC Marathon runners while drinking mimosa mix out of a camelbak water bottle
- Coming home to the dog walker scrubbing away at a stain on the couch that he didn’t know the cause of nor could give me any info thus resulting in me having to drop ir off at the cleaners and pay top dollar for
- Rochelle coming to visit NYC for the first time
- Niners/Giants game at Metlife Stadium and having the Niners WIN!
- Coming across an awesome craft beer bar and enjoying 2 very lovely different types of IPAs
- The degrees continuing to drop the last few days and my fingers feeling for the first time the burning freezing sensation
- A single’s trivia event
- Not seeing Festival of the Lights because they reached capacity 3.5 hours before they closed (jerks) and instead finding an awesome whiskey bar and staying out til 3AM
- Deciding my next career move
Not all were spectacular moments but all were definitely highlights. There’s more to come in November as we got 11 days left, but there you have it folks. Some pictures below for your viewing pleasure. These were from the Mario Batali tour, a happy hour night and some randoms. (Because there are so many I’ll have to do pictures continuation posts). I know, patience is a virtue. See you’re learning something. You’re welcome